Who punchered the Ark and who are the guardians of the Ark?
Often we come across people claiming themselves to be the followers of ahlebayt, they call themselves as shias. They always criticize the non shias for not following the ahlebayt, they consider themselves to be the saved sect. And what these shia does to do their missionary call and trick is by calling people to love prophet’s(saw) household(ahlebayt). Its like setting a trap for a mouse by using a cheese to lure it in and innocent muslims who lack basic knowledge of Islam fall for these tricks, and start practicing unislamic customs and innovations thinking those to be the teaching of ahlebayt. The following ahadeeth are commonly quoted by Shias, “Ahlul Bayt are like the Ark of Noah. Whoever embarked on it was saved. Whoever turned away perished.”
However, it is inauthentic. Imam al-Dhahabi said in the Talkhis of al-Mustadrak that this Hadith is a forgery.
Another narration is: “I have left with you something, which if you strictly adhere to, you shall never go astray–The Book of Allah and my progeny.
This too is weak narration. And the ones who authenticated it based their view on hadees of sahi muslim which is in reference to taking care of (and behaving with) the Prophet’s family after his death, and it cannot be construed in the Shia manner at all. However the shias just need something related to virtues of ahlebayt whether it be a fabrication or any absurdity they don’t bother. They blindly follow and propagate it. And based on these narrations they consider themselves to be the saved sect and others to be deviated ones.
In any case, if we were to accept these Ahadeeth as authentic, then it would be used first and foremost in relation to the Prophet’s wives who have most right to being called Ahlel Bayt. The Shia are the ones who have tried to exclude the Prophet’s wives from ahlebayt. If Ahlel Bayt are an Ark, then the Shia have cut up that ship and punched a hole in part of it so that now the entire boat is drowning. On the other hand, the Ahlus Sunnah are the true defenders/guardians of “the entire boat” (i.e. the entirety of the Ahlel Bayt). And like the christians have monopolized on the memory of Prophet Jesus, despite the fact that the Muslims have a greater claim to him. Likewise, the Shia have monopolized on the memory of the Ahlel Bayt, despite the fact that the Sunnis have a greater claim to the Prophetic Household. Loving Ahlel Bayt is an obligation for Sunni Muslims, and this means the entire Ahlel Bayt–not just a segment of the Ahlel Bayt like the Shia do.
And the motive of this blog is to enlighten the shias who truly want to love the “complete” ahlebayt, who possess true love for them. Its to awaken them from their illusions which they have thinking that they have “boarded the ark”, but we want to make them aware that infact they are the ones who have “punchered the Ark” by abandoning a major part of ahlebayt of prophet(saw) and have gone to one extreme , similar to that of nasibis who have abandoned another part of ahlebayt (i.e family of hz ali(ra)) and gone to another extreme. So its an invitation to them to join the true(haqiqi) lovers of complete ahlebayt i.e. So its an invitation to them to join the true(haqiqi) lovers of complete ahlebayt i.e. Ahlesunnah who are the guardians of ahlebayt and who love, respect and follow the Ahlebayt in a moderate manner, unlike the other two groups about whom it was prophesized in Nahjul Balagha , one of the most revered books of the Shia, Ali (ra) said in Sermon 126:“With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness, and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority of Muslims because Allah’s hand of protection is on keeping unity. (Nahjul balagha, sermon 126)
We know that on one hand we have the nasibis who because of their extreme hatred with ahlebayt have abandoned a portion of ahlebayt, i.e. Hz ali(ra) and his family. And on another hand we have the shias who out of their extreme love with hz ali(ra) and his family have abandoned the most important and major portion of members of ahlebayt . And on the middle course are ahlesunnah who have loves and respects the complete ahlebayt.
Perhaps the reason that the Shias love the Ahlel Bayt of Ali(ra) and not the Ahlel Bayt of the Prophet (saw) has to do with how the faith of Shi’ism came into being. Indeed, the early ancestors of the Shia are the Saba’ites, followers of Abdullah Ibn Saba. These Saba’ites excessively praised Ali (ra) and eventually even declared that Ali(ra) was superior to the Prophet (saw) And was God. Today, the Shia adamantly deny this and they say that the Prophet (saw) is superior to Ali (ra). However, we wonder why then they praise the Ahlel Bayt of Ali (ra) and not the Ahlel Bayt of Muhammad (saw)? Is this not a remnant of the Saba’ite origin of Shi’ism?
When the Prophet was alive, the disbelievers and hypocrites tried their utmost to hurt him and one of the methods they used to do this was to target those close to him (i.e. his family). One such famous incident is the event of Al-Ifk, in which they accused the Prophet’s wife of adultery. It was such attacks on his family members that prompted the Prophet to warn again and again about honoring his family. This warning was especially in regards to the females in his family, as it is well-known that Arabs would debase the women in a man’s family as a means to hurt the man himself. The women in a man’s life are his sensitive spot; a man will be less hurt about someone insulting his own honor and more hurt about someone insulting the honor of his wife.
The sayings of the Prophet made it clear that it was important to protect the honor of the Ahlel Bayt, especially the female members of his household. There were even Quranic injunctions in regards to honoring the Prophet’s wives, warning the Muslims to respect them by not entering the Prophet’s house and looking at them or even annoying them, referring to them as the Mothers of the Believers. The intensity with which the Quran and Hadith advocated the protection of the Prophetic Household prompted certain evil elements to devise new ways of harming Ahlel Bayt as a means to get at the Prophet of Islam. It was then that the founders of the Shia movement decided that the best way to turn the Muslims against the Prophetic Household (i.e. the Ahlel Bayt) was to change the very meaning of the word “Ahlel Bayt” in the eyes of the masses. So they went about this task, and they began to say that the Prophet’s wives were not part of the Ahlel Bayt and neither were three of his daughters.
So it was that the Shia masses began cursing the Prophet’s family members (i.e. his wives) and even denying the existence of his daughters, all in the name of honoring the Ahlel Bayt. The irony of this should not be lost on anybody. How is it that the imaginary Muhammad ibn Hasan al-Askari (the Hidden Imam) was a part of the Prophetic Household, whereas the people who actually lived in the Prophet’s house were cursed as traitors, including Aisha and Hafsa? How long can this farce continue? How long can the Shia masses operate under the silly assumption that they are the lovers of Ahlel Bayt, when they are the ones who curse members within the Ahlel Bayt?
The Shia say they follow the Sunnah as transmitted through the Ahlel Bayt. What kind of bold-faced lie is this? The Prophet’s wives were part of the Prophet’s family, and yet the Shia reject all of the Hadith narrated by them, declaring them to be fabricators of Hadith! It could be said that Abdullah Ibn Saba–the founder of Shi’ism–is laughing in his grave right now because he duped such a large portion of the Muslims, getting them to curse the very Ahlel Bayt that they claim to revere. Ibn Saba was a Jewish Rabbi who pretended to convert to Islam in order to start this deviant sect with the express intent of not only dividing the Ummah but to hurt the Prophet and his family specifically. He knew that it would be impossible for him to call the people towards harming the Ahlel Bayt, so he decided to change the meaning of the word so that his deviant followers would end up cursing the real members of Ahlel Bayt, all in the name of the Ahlel Bayt. What better methodology to bring someone’s family down than to pit some members of that family against others?
We ask our Shia brothers to ponder over the true nature of this love. The Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah are lovers of Ahlel Bayt and certainly not Nasibis (haters of Ahlel Bayt). In fact the reality may be that the shia scholars are the ones who are Nasibis as they hate the Ahlel Bayt (i.e. Prophet’s wives) so much that they even deny that they are the Ahlel Bayt.
And here the fact that the Prophet’s wives are Ahlel Bayt, inshallah will be proven from the Quran, Hadith, scholarly opinion, dictionary, logic, common sense, and common usage of the word “Ahlel Bayt.” Those who care to argue so vehemently against the verses of the Quran can only be those who hate the Ahlel Bayt so much and so passionately that they must even reject the Word of Allah.
We want to make it clear that who are ahlebayt in regards to ahle sunnah[the ones on middle course]
The household of the Messenger of Allah salahu alihi wa aalihi wasallam includes his wives, Imam Ali, Lady Fatima, the two Imams Al-Hasan and Al-Hussein, and Zaid ibn Al-Arqam who was asked about the household of the Prophet and said in the Hadith: ( His spouses are a fibre of his household ). He went further to explain that his household includes also the people who were not allowed to receive any charity namely: the relatives of Ali, the kindred of Ja’afar, the family of Aqeel, and the kinsfolk of Al-Abbas. Therefore, the concept of the Prophet’s household encompasses also Al-Abbas- the son Abdul Muttalib, the kith and kin of ‘ Aqeel bin abi Talib, and the family of Ja’afar bin Abi Talib, as stated in the Tradition (Hadith) of Zaid bin Al-Arqaam. It also includes the family of Al-Harith bin Abdul Muttalib, due to what the Messenger salahu alihi wa aalihi wasallam told Rabbea bin Al-Harith and Al-Abbas bin Abdil Muttalib: ( Verily , the family of Muhammad does not deserve any charity , for it is people’s filth )
With regard to the freed slaves, it was narrated that Mihraan the freed slave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said; “We are the family of Muhammad: the sadaqah is not permissible for us, and the freed slave of a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Ahmad, no. 15152).
So the family of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are: his wives, his children, and Banu Haashim, Banu ‘Abd al-Muttalib and their freed slaves.
These are the views and teachings of Ahlesunnah regarding Ahlebayt
1. “The Ahlus Sunnah should love the Prophet’s family, give them support, and honor the Prophet’s will in regards to them, as he said at Ghadir Khumm: ‘I ask you by Allah to take care of my family; I ask you by Allah to take care of my family.’” (Al-Aqeedah Al-Wasitiyyah, Chapter 4)
2. “They (Ahlus Sunnah) love the people of the household of the Messenger of Allah; they regard them with love and loyalty, and they heed the command of the Messenger of Allah concerning them…and they reject the way of the Nasibis who insult Ahlel Bayt in words and deed.”(Majmoo al-Fatawa, 3/154)
3. Ibne Anjaar in his history narrates from Imam Hasan Ibne Ali (r.a.) that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.) stated, “For everything there is a foundation and the foundation of Islam is the love of the companions of the Messenger of Allah and the love of his Ahle Bayt [Kanzul Ummal, Vol. 7, pg. 218]
4. Ali (ra) has also been recorded by Daylami to have quoted from the Messenger of Islam (s.a.w.s.) the following tradition: “The most sure-footed upon the bridge of Seraat will be those who were more deeply in love of my Ahle Bayt and my companions.” (As-Sawaaiqul Muhriqa, pg. 185)
5. Narrated that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said to ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him): “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, kinship with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is dearer to me than kinship with my own people.” [Al-Bukhaari (3508) and Muslim (1759)]
6. Al-Bukhaari also narrated in his Saheeh (3509) that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Pay attention to the rights of the household of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).”
7. Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:The words “Pay attention to the rights of the household of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)” are addressed to the people, enjoining them to fulfil the rights of Ahl al-Bayt. Fath al-Baari (7/79).
8. Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: Abu Bakr used to say, “Please Muhammad (i.e. the Prophet) by doing good to his family.[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, 94 – Companions of the Prophet; Page 787, 3751 (Arabic version)]
9. With regard to the respect of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab for the relatives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), that is apparent from many things, such as his preferring to put the ahead of himself or any other people with regard to allocating shares from bayt al-maal.Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:Moreover, when ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) set up the registry of stipends, he wrote down people’s names according to their lineage, so he started with those who were closest in lineage to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), When he had finished listing the Arabs, he listed the non-Arabs. This is how the registry was at the time of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs, and all the caliphs of the Umayyad and ‘Abbaasid dynasties, until things changed after that. (Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 159, 160)