Note: Part 1 is a must read before reading this part. Please read Part 1. And please read all comments mentioned in this article.
Nature of Relationship between Ahlebayt & Sahaba in light of Quran
As we know that believers who were along with prophet(saw) even encompassed his Ahlebayt. So the verses in Quran where we find Quran shows the beautiful relationship the believers had among themselves, it can be said that this was the same nature of relationship the Ahlebayt and Sahaba(companions) had among themselves, Since believers who were along with prophet(Saw) even included Ahlebayt. In this article we will be emphasizing on the Ahlebayt from those believers who were along with prophet(Saw) and their relationships with their fellow believers.
Here are some verses of Quran which throws light on the beautiful nature of relationship:
1. Those who believed, and adopted exile(Muhajirun), and fought for the Faith, with their property and their persons, in the cause of Allah, as well as those who gave (them) asylum and aid(Ansar),- these are (all) friends and protectors, one of another. (8:72)
Comment: This verse shows that Sahaba and Ahlebayt were friends and protectors of one another. A similar thing is said in the verse below.
2.Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers.(5:55)
3.Those who believed and left their homes(Mouhajirun) and strove for the cause of Allah, and those(Ansar) who took them in and “helped them” – these are the believers in truth. For them is pardon, and bountiful provision. (8:74)
Comment: This verse shows that Sahaba helped Ahlebayt and , Muhajirun(which encompasses sahaba as well as Ahlebayt) and they were the believers in truth.
4. Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the unbelievers, “compassionate” among themselves( 48:29)
Comment: This verse shows that Ahlebayt and sahaba were compassionate among themselves and were firm of heart against the unbelievers.
5. Surely Allah is sufficient for you; He it is Who strengthened you with His help and with the believers, And (moreover) He hath put affection between their hearts: not if thou hadst spent all that is in the earth, couldst thou have produced that affection, but Allah hath done it: for He is Exalted in might, Wise. (8:62-63)
Comment: Allah helped Prophet(Saw) with believers(Ahlebayt and sahaba), Allah didn’t say that he helped prophet(Saw) just with Ahlebayt, but He mentioned believers which encompasses Ahlebayt and sahaba. Secondly Allah had put affection between the hearts of believers, which couldn’t have been done by any other thing, but it was Allah who made that happen. So when Allah himself testifies that believers had affection between their hearts and it was caused by Allah. Only a shia e dajjal who deny this fact.
6. (It is) for the poor who fled their homes and their possessions, seeking grace of Allah and (His) pleasure, and assisting Allah and His Messenger: these it is that are the truthful. And those who made their abode in the city and in the faith before them love those who have fled to them, and do not find in their hearts a need of what they are given, and prefer (them) before themselves though poverty may afflict them, and whoever is preserved from the niggardliness of his soul, these it is that are the successful ones.(59: 8-9)
Comment: Just see the beauty of the relationships sahaba and Ahlebayt had among themselves. Sahaba loved the Ahlebayt, and preferred Ahlebayt over anything before their ownselves.
7. “If two parties among the Believers fall into a quarrel, make ye peace between them: but if one of them transgresses beyond bounds against the other, then fight ye (all) against the one that transgresses until it complies with the Command of Allah; but if it complies, then make peace between them with justice, and be fair: for Allah loves those who are fair (and just). The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: so make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers.” (49:9-10)
Comment: Now as we have seen from Quran, the beautiful and heart touching relationships sahaba and Ahlebayt had among each other, that is why in this verse we find that, even if believers fight with each other, they still remain as believers and a single brotherhood.
Believers who were with prophet(Saw) (i.e sahaba and Ahlebayt) in the light of Quran.
1. Hence, as for those who forsake the domain of evil, and are driven from their homelands(Mouhajirun), and suffer hurt in My cause, and fight [for it], and are slain – I shall most certainly efface their bad deeds, and shall most certainly bring them into gardens through which running waters flow, as a reward from God: for with God is the most beauteous of rewards.” (3:195)
2. Not equal among you are those who spent (freely) and fought, before the Victory, (with those who did so later). Those are higher in rank than those who spent (freely) and fought afterwards. But to “all” has Allah promised a goodly (reward).(57: 10)
Comment: This is what Quran teaches us, and that is why hz hamza(ra) was declared as the The Master of Martyrs (sayyid us shuhahda) refer(Jami’i al Saghir #4746(sunni narration), as well as al kafi H , Ch. 111, h 33(shia narration)) . But unfortunately, a group neglects this verse of Quran and gives higher rank to those martyrs who received martyrdom much later. They don’t commemorate the martyrdom of the ones to whom Allah himself states that they were higher in rank, but commemorate the martyrdom of martyrs of just one battle which took much later. If you ask us why they do so? Then it’s a hidden secret. We just want to give you a hint for that refer Quran(12:16)
3. Those who believe, and suffer exile(Muhajirun) and strive with might and main, in Allah’s cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah: they are the people who will achieve (salvation).(9:20)
4.To those who leave their homes(Mouhajirun) in the cause of Allah, after suffering oppression,- We will assuredly give a goodly home in this world; but truly the reward of the Hereafter will be greater. If they only realised (this)! (16:41)
5. Those who fled their homes(Mouhajirun) for the cause of Allah and then were slain or died, Allah verily will provide for them a good provision. Lo! Allah, He verily is Best of all who make provision. (22:58)
6. Allah has endeared the Faith to you, and has made it beautiful in your hearts, and He has made hateful to you Unbelief, wickedness, and rebellion: such indeed are those who walk in righteousness(49:7)
7.Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the unbelievers, compassionate among themselves; you will see them bowing down, prostrating themselves, seeking grace from Allah and pleasure; their marks are in their faces because of the effect of prostration; that is their description in the Taurat and their description in the Injeel; like as seed-produce that puts forth its sprout, then strengthens it, so it becomes stout and stands firmly on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the unbelievers on account of them; Allah has promised those among them who believe and do good, forgiveness and a great reward.(48:29)
8.And (as for) the foremost, the first of the Muhajirs and the Ansars, and those who followed them in goodness, Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them for ever; that is the mighty achievement.(9:100)
Comment: Now here we see that Allah wants people to follow Muhajjirs and Ansars(which encompasses sahaba and Ahlebayt, not just Ahlebayt). Secondly Allah from his knowledge of future new that all these people(esply muhajirs and ansars) will surely die as the firm believers, that is why he said he was pleased with them , and that he had prepared Jannah for them, where they will abide forever.
9. And whoever acts hostilely to the Messenger after that guidance has become manifest to him, and follows other than the way of the believers, We will turn him to that to which he has (himself) turned and make him enter hell; and it is an evil resort.(4:115)
Comment: This verse shows us that, we should follow the way of the believers, and believers include Ahlebayt and sahaba, not just Ahlebayt. Even this is what Ahlesunnah teaches. So, this verse shows us that the way(creed) of Ahlebayt and sahaba was the same.
10. Those who slander such of the believers as give themselves freely to (deeds of) charity, as well as such as can find nothing to give except the fruits of their labour,- and throw ridicule on them,- Allah will throw back their ridicule on them: and they shall have a grievous penalty.(9:79)
Comment: This verse shows that there used to be people who used to slander believers(sahaba and ahlebayt),(just like as some fitna mongers do today) but Allah warned them that if they do so, they will get a grievous penalty)
11. And when it is said to them: Believe as the people(sahaba and Ahlebayt) believe they say: Shall we believe as the fools believe? Now surely they themselves are the fools, but they do not know.(2:13)
Comment: This verse shows us that the belief of sahaba and ahlebayt was the same, but the fitna mongers used to ridicule this, but Allah says that such fitna mongers are themselves fools.
12. Certainly Allah was well pleased with the believers when they swore allegiance to you under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquility on them and rewarded them with a near victory. And many acquisitions which they will take; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.(48:18-19)
13. Without doubt, among men, the nearest to Abraham, are those who follow him, as are also this Prophet and those who believe: And Allah is the Protector of those who have faith.(3:68)
Comment: This verse shows us that nearest to Abraham(as) are not those who consider themselves that they are, but the prophet(saw) as well as the believers, which means Sahaba as well as Ahlebayt.
14. Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).(5:55)
Comment: This verse shows that believers are true friends of one another. And believers encompasses sahaba and Ahlebayt. Not just Ahlebayt.
15. But the Messenger and those who believe with him strive hard with their property and their persons; and these it is who shall have the good things and these it is who shall be successful.(9:88)
16. But honour, power and glory belong to Allah, His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and to the believers, but the hypocrites know not.(63:8)
Comment: This verse shows that honour belongs to even believers, which include sahaba as well as Ahlebayt. But indeed some hypocrites(shian e dajjal) of today, don’t honor majority of the ones from those believers who were honoured by Allah.
17. While the Unbelievers got up in their hearts heat and cant – the heat and cant of ignorance,- Allah sent down His Tranquillity to his Messenger and to the Believers, and made them stick close to the command of self-restraint; and well were they entitled to it and worthy of it.(48:26)
18. When He caused calm to fall on you(believers) as a security from Him and sent down upon you water from the cloud that He might thereby purify you, and take away from you the uncleanness(rijz) of the Shaitan, and that He might fortify your hearts and steady (your) footsteps thereby.(8:11)
Comment: This verse shows us that , the believers(which includes sahaba and Ahlebayt) were purified by Allah, and even the rijz of shiatan was removed from them.
19. The messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers; they all believe in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers; (saying)We make no difference between any of His messengers; and they say: We hear and obey, our Lord! Thy forgiveness (do we crave), and to Thee is the eventual course.(2:285)
Comment: We should understand that why the shian e dajjal hate and slander the Sahaba (ra) and call them deviant and Munafiq.[Aauzubillah] It is because they (Sahaba) didn’t believe in the Wilayat and Imamate of ’12 Infallables’, they only believed in Allah, his angels, his books and his messengers.
20. Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him – it is those who will be the successful. [Quran, Surah Al-A’raf Verse: 157]
Comment: Now, we ask who honored, followed and supported the Prophet (SAW) ? Were they Munafiqs who followed the Prophet (SAW) and supported him in every battle, in every campaign etc ? or were they the believers (Companions)? Indeed, the Companions (ra) of Muhammad the messenger of Allah (saw), honored, followed and supported the Prophet (SAW) in every place, evey battlefield, every campaign etc. And they were the ones who were successful during the life of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and after it. May Allah be pleased with them and May Allah guide those deviants who show hatred towards the companions of Muhammad (SAW).
21. They are those whom We gave the Book, Al-Hukm (understanding of the religious laws), and Prophethood. But if these disbelieve therein (the Book, Al-Hukm and Prophethood), then, indeed We have entrusted it to a people (such as the Companions of Prophet Muhammad) who are not disbelievers therein.(6:89)
22. And they say: Be Jews or Christians, you will be on the right course. Say: Nay! (we follow) the religion of Ibrahim, the Hanif, and he was not one of the polytheists. : Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit. If then they believe as you believe in Him, they are indeed on the right course, and if they turn back, then they are only in great opposition, so Allah will suffice you against them, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.(2:135-137)
Comment: So if the Jews, Christians, Mushrikeen and other non-Muslims believe in the same as you [Prophet(saw) and believers(Sahaba)] believe in, then they are guided.
The only verse in Quran which singles out a sahabi of prophet(saw), by mentioning him as sahabi(companion)
When they (Muhammad SAW and Abu Bakr ) were in the cave, and he (SAW) said to his companion (Abu Bakr ): “Be not sad, surely Allah is with us.” Then Allah sent down His Sakeenah (calmness, tranquillity, peace, etc.) upon him, and strengthened him with forces (angels) which you saw not, and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowermost, while it was the Word of Allah that became the uppermost, and Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.(9:40)
Comment: When Moses(a) was with his Companions and they were in similar situation, Moses(as) said, “God is with me.(26:61-62) But when prophet(Saw) was with Abu Bakr, prophet(Saw) said, “God is with us.” The Prophet(pbuh) could have said “God is with me” like Moses(pbuh) did, but he specifically said “God is with us” and he does not speak from his hawa(desire)(esp. those words which were included in quran by Allah without making any objection). This is enough to establish the greatness of hz abubakar(ra) in the sight of unbiased and honest people.
Some verses of Quran regarding Wives of prophet(Saw) :
The Prophet is closer to the believers than their ownselves, and his wives are their (believers) mothers (as regards respect and marriage). (33:6)
O wives of the Prophet! you are not like any other of the women.(33:32)
An advice to shias from the quran, itself:
1. This is a people that have passed away; they shall have what they earned and you shall have what you earn, and you shall not be called upon to answer for what they did.(2:134)
Comment: But unfortunately, some fitna mongers(shian e dajjal) , spend most of their time to some how find out the mistakes and errors of some sahaba, which will not only ruin their hereafter but even will not be beneficial in this life. May Allah save us from such satanic traps.
2. Our Lord, forgive us and [forgive] our brethren who preceded us in faith. And do not put in our hearts rancour towards the Believers. Our Lord, You are Most Kind, Most Merciful.” (59:10)
Comment: These verses shows us that Allah knew there will be certain fitna mongers who would possess hatred for the believers(sahaba and Ahlebayt), that is why Allah warned them in these verses.
3. O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah and be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Well-Acquainted with what you do} [Al-Maeda 5:8]
“Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish.” Quran (17:81)