In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful.
It is my own attempt to summarize what is really going on in Shi’ism.
Summary of (Twelver) Shi’ism:
- The Messenger of Allah(saw), failed to “establish” his message among his Companions(sahaba), almost all of whom became apostate after his death.
- The first Imam was silent and failed to fight or speak out against those who usurped the leadership, and the second Imam gave up leadership to another evil usurper.
- Most of the rest of the Imams spent their lives in a state of taqiyya(dissimulation), constantly lying about their religion and misleading their followers.
- Then the twelfth Imam vanished without a trace for 1200 years.
- Because of this miserable history of failure, deceit, and inexplicable absence on the part of the infallibles, Shias must turn for guidance to people/scholars from the city of Qum and Najaf,(who for some inexplicable reason are much more reliable than the Companions(sahaba) were.)
P.S : To be fair, Shias will never actually say that “Prophet(saw) failed”. But if nearly everyone rebelled against his order immediately after his death, and thereby changed the religion, it is hard to see that as anything other than a failure.
May Allah guide truth-seeking Shias.
May Allah’s (swt) blessings be upon His Messenger, his household, and his companions.
By brother Slaman.